The Best of Girona
Activity: Panoramic Tour through Girona Services: Official Tourism Guides and coaches. Days and Dates: 15th May – 15th October 2020: Monday and Friday Departure Time: 08:00h. Check in time: 07:45 am. Duration: 6 hrs. Approx. Departure point: Terminal in C/ Balmes, 5. Arrival point: Terminal in C/ BAlmes, 5. Conditions: Advance booking required. 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%. Languages: Monolingual in Mandarin Chinese.
Available under request
WHY SHOULD YOU GO
Discover one of the most beautiful medieval cities in Catalonia. Enjoy a walking tour through its Old Town, walk the narrow and cobbled streets of the Jewish Quarter and see the Cathedral and the old City Walls. Explore the city on your own during the free time you will be given.
Leave our office in central Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach. Sit back and relax on the journey to one of the most beautiful cities of Catalonia. After a 1-and-a-half-hour drive on the highway, you will arrive to Girona.
On arrival, follow your guide to the city center for a two-hour walking tour. Discover the Old Town and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. Stroll down la Rambla, see some of the most important plazas of Girona and explore its winding alleys. Will you recognize the construction by Eiffel near the Onyar Houses above the river?
See some of the locations where the HBO hit series Game of Thrones filmed many scenes of its sixth season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral (SPOILER ALERT!) destroyed on the TV series. Walk along a part of the city medieval walls and marvel at the amazing views of the old town. Originally built in the XIV century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the XIX century. Today, due to the reconstruction of the missing parts it is possible to walk along them.
Take advantage of the free time you will be given after the guided tour and visit the Cathedral on your own or grab a quick bite to eat.
- The Cathedral: of Gothic style, it has the second biggest nave in the world after Saint Peter Basilica in the Vatican.
- Jewish Quarter: one of the best preserved ones in Europe. Walk its cobbled streets and marvel at all the details of its narrow alleys.
- The City Walls: walk along a part of the city walls for amazing panoramic views of the old city.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Monolingual tour in Mandarin Chinese.
- Radio guide system.
- Local guide.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Admission to Girona’s Cathedral.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Please note: Radio guide system is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- The duration of the tour includes transportation.