Landscapes of Catalonia
Activity: group excursion with coach. Departure time: 08.00h. Days and dates: From 1st April to 31th October: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Duration: 11h 30 min. approx. Departure point: Balmes Street, 5 - Julia Travel Office.Conditions: advanced reservatios required: 24h. Cancellation fees: 100% for less than 24h. notice or no shows. Languages: Spanish and English. Blackout dates: 11 Sep.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- You have approximately 35 min of free time for lunch between both parts of the excursions. Lunch not included.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
Girona tour: Start your full day trip from Barcelona with comfortable bus and guide on board. We offer you the visit of one biggest cities north of Barcelona: Girona, medieval city with one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in Europe and stage where some chapters of the new season of the hit series Game of Thrones will shot.
Girona is a monumental city where you can experience its history in the small streets of the old city center. You will enjoy a guided walking tour of the city center, visiting the Cathedral in the old city center, with its well-preserved medieval streets that lead you towards the famous pastel colored houses at the edge of the river bank. The old city center of Girona holds an important artistic heritage. You will be given some free time in Girona to enjoy the city by yourself.
Our Girona tour will finish in our office at Balmes 5, downtown, where the second part of the tour departs.
01April-31October: departure at 03:00 PM. check in at 02:50 PM in Julià Travel Office, c/Balmes 5.
A comfortable Bus will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will go up to Montserrat with the Cog – Wheel Train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given free time to visit audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors of Montserrat, handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included).
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual guide.
- Guided walking tour to Girona.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance to the audio visual “Espai Audio visual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
- Cog – Wheel Train.
- Entrance to the Girona Cathedral
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off