El Caminito del Rey,
Activity: Caminito del Rey walking tour
Inclusions: Air conditioned motor-coach, tourist escort guide, local guide, tickets to Caminito del Rey and travel insurance
Frequency: Every Wednesday and Friday during the period between 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020 (excepting the following blackout dates: 25th December, 1st January and 6th January)
Departure time: 08:45AM (Málaga), 08:10AM (Torremolinos), 07:15AM (Fuengirola), 06:45AM (Marbella)
Arrival time and point: at 05:30PM approximately back in Malaga city centre
Duration: 8 hours (approx. depending on the pick-up location)
Conditions: It is necessary to book at least 72 hours in advance. Cancellation fee: 100% for less than 48 hours notice or no-shows. Please, contact Incoming to Spain at least 72 hours in advance before the tour starts to re-confirm your booking and pick-up point details at +34 91 510 3038 from Monday to Friday between 09.00AM and 07.00PM or send an email to email@example.com
Laguages: multilingual trip (English, Spanish, French, Italian and Germann)
Are you looking for an amazing experience along with breathtaking views? Then come with us to visit the path of ''El Caminito del Rey'', a spectacular and narrow pathway that was built under the rule of Alfonso XIII. This tour operates every Wednesday and Friday starting from our usual meeting points in the Costa del Sol (in direction to Marbella), and afterwards taking the route Ojen-Monda-Ardales.
Once we have arrived at the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam, the main water reserve in the province of Malaga, our guide will explain everything about the history of the Natural Area of Desfiladero de los Gaitanes to you. The Gorge Desfiladero de los Gaitanes is a canyon, carved by the river Guadalhorce, placed in the centre of the province. The northern access to it is via Guadalhorce reservoirs and the southern is via El Chorro. The construction of a water channel from the reservoirs in the north to El Chorro was carried out together with a path for maintaining the channel. This one is known as ''El Caminito del Rey'' because it was first opened by Alfonso XIII. This impressive path, that is about 3 kilometres long, has some stretches that are less than 1 meter wide and is hanging to a height of about 100 meters above the Guadalhorce River. It goes along vertical walls and a footbridge over the gorge on the same waterway. On top of that, it is completely safe as it has just been reinforced and restored.
- This tour may have multiple stops along Costa del Sol
The generic pickups stops are detailes below:
- Malaga: Avenida de Andalucia n/n. Bus stop nº11, in fron of Caixa Bank
- Torremolinos: Hotel Natali, Hoyo St., nº28
- Fuengirola: El Puerto Hotel, Paseo Maritimo nº32
- Marbella: the bus stop that is at San Cristóbal Hotel, Avenida Ramón y Cajal nº3
- There are other pickup points in the cities detailed above. IMPORTANT: Please contact Incoming to Spain 72 hours prior to your tour departure date to re-confirm your booking and pickup point details at +34 91 510 3038
- The estimated time for this route is between 2.5 hours and 3 hours walking, so it is essential to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Kids under 8 years of age are forbidden to enter.
- This path is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, of for peole who might suffer from dizziness.
- We reccommend that visitors take some water and snacks with them.
- There are no toilets along the path.
- The tour could be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.